Friday, September 30, 2011

AS THE KIDS GROW SO DOES MY STRESSES...

So this school year, I had to send another one of my precious babies to school.  Next year will be my youngest one's turn to go.  So the other day while I was organizing my life (or at least trying to), I realized something...

As my kids grow so does my stresses!

It is funny I suppose I have really always knew this but the other day i had a huge realization.  Before I had to just get one kid up and out the door for school and he is a boy which is so much easier.  Now I have a fashion diva who has to have her hair done and the perfect outfit and shoes.  It is more time consuming in the morning which makes me more stressed.  There is also 2 sets of homework to check at times.  Double the fundraising and fees.  Double the volunteering and requests.  As I look through stacks of papers to fill out and graded assignments I realize something even more stressing, next year there will be 3 in school.  Oh no!

At this very moment I realize i need to find a way to calm myself .  I mean after all I am a natural born worrier.  Just ask my fiancée, he has been trying to get me to quit worrying so much for years now and had no luck.  I worried as a child and even had ulcers cause of school tests.  Over the years though, I have learned techniques to help curb it.  One of my favorite ones is a nice relaxing shower.  I will take a nice hot shower with a great shower massaging shower head when the kids are asleep and ask the Lord to clear my mind and it is like the water washes away ever stress or worry I have.  Well, worth it if even just for a few minutes before one of the kids are beating on the door needing to pee...  

So moms and of course dads, the next time you are feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders take a relaxing massage shower.  If you do not have a massaging shower head then you can check out American Standard and the Professor Toilet blog that is full of bathroom tips covering everything from remodeling to tubs and showers.  He is sure to teach you all you need to know.





* I will receive a monoglide handheld shower from American Standard for this post.  I was not compensated in any other way and the above post is completely honest and completely my own.

1 comment:

  1. I bet I am older than you. From experience, worrying won't change anything. If there is something to be done then do it. If not all the worrying in the world won't change it. So relax and focus on the positive. Now that I am older I wish I didn't waste my time worrying and thinking about what others thought. You can only do the best you can and that is good enough. Rita

    ReplyDelete