Friday, November 16, 2012

CHRIS MANN " ROADS" cd review


Roads boasts a wildly eclectic assortment of songs, ranging from Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind” and Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now” to “Ave Maria” and Damien Rice’s “The Blowers’ Daughter,” with the latter featuring a special guest appearance from Aguilera.

About “The Blower’s Daughter” and singing with Chris, Aguilera says, “It's a beautiful song and I really respect the way he’s expressing himself on the album. Everything from his tone, to his richness, to his soulfulness comes through loud and clear.”

























Mann co-wrote two songs, “Cuore,” based on Bach’s “Air on a G String,” and the contemporary ballad “Falling.” A widescreen take on Coldplay’s anthem “Viva La Vida”—which sounds like it was written expressly for Mann to sing—provides the album with an ecstatic climax."











MY THOUGHTS

Now I am a huge fan of music and have a wide taste that ranges from country to classic rock to even reggae.  But honestly, opera music has never been in my taste range.  Not because I do not find it beautiful because I do find some of it very beautiful , but because I just never found myself being able to sit and listen to it for hours on hand.  Well, enter the VOICE and Chris Mann to change that for me.  I have to say I was excited to hear his cd and when I did I was not disappointed.  I enjoyed his renditions of some familiar songs and equally enjoyed the other songs.

With that said, I doubt I'll be rushing out to catch the latest opera or even purchasing opera cds, but I have to admit I am definitely more open to the possiblity now and am a huge fan even more of Chris Mann.  I also know that I will be listening to this cd more than once.  It is definitely a great addition to my music collection.

I recommend giving the album a listen before you make a decision about opera.  The album is available now at Amazon.com and on iTunes.  You can also learn more about Chris Mann and his music at his website.  So be sure to grab a copy today and enjoy some great music!

*This is a review post from One2One Network. I was provided with a copy of the album and I am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment