Friday, June 1, 2012

RED TAILS dvd review


Academy Award Winner Cuba Gooding Jr.* and Academy Award Nominee Terrence Howard** lead a powerful ensemble cast in this high-flying epic inspired by the real-life adventures of the first African-American combat unit to serve in World War II. Italy, 1944. As the war takes its toll on Allied forces in Europe, a squadron of black pilots known as the Tuskegee Airmen are finally given the chance to prove themselves in the sky...even as they battle discrimination on the ground. Featuring jaw-dropping aerial action and thrilling special effects, Red Tails is a breathtaking tribute to the unsung heroes who rose above extraordinary challenges and ultimately soared into history.


MY THOUGHTS

Now as strange as it may seem I love most military movies.  Chalk it up to the fact that my dad was in the military and I was born in a Naval Hospital I guess.  I have always had a love for them especially the ones that show the human spirit! 

SO I was immediately interested when I heard about this movie and that it was based on the Tuskegee Airmen.  First let me say I have a huge respect for the military especially those who have a strong desire to serve their country like the Tuskegee Airmen. 

Now to the movie...  I have to say first it is a nonstop action film for the most parts.  I like this but I also wish there had been more background with the characters.  You get bits and pieces about them here and there but not enough to my liking.  To me it would have been great to get to know the men behind the planes as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment