Thursday, April 21, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY GIFT #2 - FLIPFLOP WINES

My next Mother's Day gift idea is definitely one of my favorites.  Every mom deserves a chance to unwind and just relax.  Trust me I know most of us moms rarely get that option and if we do it is for only a few minutes.  So why not offer mom a gift to help her unwind and relax.  How bout getting her a bottle or two or three of FlipFlop Wines.


Now these wines are very affordable at $7 a bottle and they come in red and white varieties including Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Moscato, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Pinot Noir.  Basically they got every person covered and every taste style as well.

Now FlipFlop Wines were created by David Georges who has studies viticulture and even had wine making classes at University of California.  He has worked at several wineries including Artesia and David Bynum.  His goal is to stay true to each wine's character and to make affordable wine for everyone.





 Now I was lucky enough to receive two bottles to review.  (I know you all are so jealous of me right now!)  I received a bottle of Pinot Grigio and Riesling .
Appellation
California
Tastes like
Light-bodied, refreshing Pinot Grigio with tropical citrus, ripe pear and a zesty, clean finish. Taste with vintner David Georges, click here.
It is full of
Balanced crisp acidity
Eat with
Bruschetta, spaghetti carbonara, eggplant parmesan or your favoritetacos
Serve
Chilled
Store
Away from direct sunlight
Sweetness Meter: Dry

Appellation
Washington
Tastes like
Medium-bodied, Riesling with peach, apricot and melon which lead to a satisfying, smooth finish
Taste with vintner David Georges, click here.
It is full of
Tropical notes and sweet aromas
Eat with
Tofu stir-fry, shredded pork tacos and sake sashimi
Serve
Chilled
Store
Away from direct sunlight

Sweetness Meter: Dry



Now I have never been a knowledge person about wine like what kinds the best or what food goes with white or red.  I just usually drink a glass of wine that I think tastes good.  I know it is sad but I have never really had the time to educate myself on wine.  Luckily for me the label of each bottle of FlipFlop wine tells me what it is best served with and even how it will taste and I love this feature.  So now thanks to FlipFlop Wine I can seem like a smart wine drinker too.  I also love the fun labels and of course the price per bottle is great ($7.00 a bottle).  Now for the taste, I loved them both.  I know with some affordable wines you can tell they are cheaper but with Flip Flop Wines it tastes like an expensive bottle of your best.  My only problem  is now I am out of wine.  LOL

Now as if affordable great tasting wine and making mom relaxed and happy were not enough reasons to buy FlipFlop Wines, I have another reason for you.  FlipFlop Wines has teamed with soles4souls and has graciously agreed to distribute a pair of shoes to a person in need for every bottle sold.


 Now that is something mom can be proud of.  Not only did you care enough to get a gift for her but in doing so you helped out a person in need.  Both gifts are sure to warm mom's heart.

So this year why not give mom a gift to help her relax so she can sit back and think of what a great job she did raising you.  I mean its only true since with the purchase of FlipFLop Wine you just gave someone a pair of shoes.

You can purchase FlipFlop Wines online for $7.00 a bottle or $84.00 a case.  SO hurry and ordered yours for Mother's Day.

* I received the above mentioned products solely for the purpose of my reivew.  The above opinion is completely my owna dn completely honest.

1 comment:

  1. Oh definatly awesome-never heard of them til now. The logo is eyecatching. Love your review.~Russo @ www.threegnomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete