Friday, March 4, 2011

THE DRAGON AND THE TURTLE GO ON SAFARI book review

The Dragon and the Turtle Go on Safari by Donita K. Paul & Evangeline Denmark
illustrated by Vincent Nguyen


The first thing I noticed bout this book was the beautiful illustrations.  I loved the pictures so did my children.  The story obviously is bout a turtle (Roger) and a dragon(Padraig) going on a safari at the base of Mount Sillymanborrow (I loved the name of this mountain).  The story shows how the imaginative boys plan to stay outside all night no matter how scared they get.  This book is wonderful tool to show kids how to be brave, but it teaches the basis of a strong friendship even more.  My two daughters loved this book especially their silly explanations of the noises they heard like the raccoon turning into the elephant in the book.  My daughters really loved that part.  This book has cute pictures and a great message.  Definitely a book for little kids especially if you are planning a camp trip It would be great around a roaring campfire or by a soft light in a bedroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment