Thursday, April 7, 2011

FUNKY MONKEY SNACKS REVIEW

As a mom and a woman set on losing weight and getting healthier, I am always looking for snacks that will allow me and my children to both win.  They want something that tastes great and I want something good for them.  I recently had the pleasure of trying a NEW fruit snack - Funky Monkey Snacks (love that name).
Bananamon, Canaval Mix, JiveAlime, Purple Funk
Bananamon, Applemon, MangOJ, Pink Pineapple

They come in the above seven flavors.  Now the special part of these snack is the fact that they are freeze-dried and contain no added sugar, or artificial flavors, or preservatives just fruit.  There are 3 servings of fruit in every ! ounce!  Also they are vegan friendly which will please a lot of people.    The other really great thing about them is that they actually taste good too.

Now I was sent samples of 5 flavors: Applemon, Bananamon, Pink Pineapple, Carnaval Mix, and JiveALime.  So during one weekend my kids, my fiancée, and I  tried these out.  My fiancée and I fell in love cause it reminded us so much of dehydrated fruit but better.  My kids loved them as well.  I had planned on taking pictures of the products but before I knew it we had eaten them all in that one weekend.  My personal favs were Applemon and Bananamon.  I was surprised that I also really liked JiveALime since I am not a big lime fan but I did.  Even though we almost finished them all in one sitting I didn't feel bad since they were eating healthy after all.  I recommend these snacks for every parent or for a day care snack.  They would also be perfect for an after school snack.  

You can purchase Funky Monkey Treats online at Amazon.com or check their list of retailers.  You can also visit their website and sign up for their newsletter.  While at their website check out their flavors and nutrition labels.  Also they have a fun section for the kids including coloring sheets and activity sheets and games.  You can also follow them on twitter and facebook


* I received the above mentioned products solely for the purpose of my review.  the above opinion is completely my own and is completely honest.
.





No comments:

Post a Comment